I am increasingly reminded of a prophecy we were taught in school way back during the days of the cold war (and probably before) that the communist leaders promised to destroy America, not by waging war but by just sitting back and letting American destroy itself from within. To whit we were taught the Soviets believed we would destroy ourselves as outlined in former FBI agent Cleon Skousen's book "The Naked Communist" published in 1960:
• Infiltrate and take control of one or both political parties in the U.S.
• Use technical decisions of the courts to weaken basic American institutions by claiming that their activities violate civil rights.
• Get control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and Communist propaganda. Soften the curriculum. Get control of teachers associations.
• Infiltrate the press. Get control of book review assignments, editorial writing and policy-making positions.
• Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
• Eliminate laws governing obscenity by calling them “censorship” and a violation of free speech and free press.
• Break down standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio and TV.
• Eliminate prayer and any form of religious expression in schools on the grounds that it violates separation of church and state.
• Discredit the U.S. Constitution by calling it inadequate, old-fashioned and out of date with modern needs.
• Discredit America’s founding fathers by presenting them as selfish aristocrats who had no concern for the common man.
• Infiltrate and gain control of labor unions and big business.
Each of these tenants are firmly ensconced in our society today and the result is our society is increasingly melding into a morass liberal idealism set on crushing conservative American values and eventually the American way of life. It is time for American's to get off their collective asses and stop making excuses and letting liberal ideals tear down our nation. Don't get me wrong, there is a time and place for liberals and I certainly don't believe they are evil people. I do believe they are greatly misguided and do not understand the dangers of setting the course for America they and our liberal government have plotted out for us.
We must not allow our rights as Americans to be infringed, especially right now our first and second amendment rights of free speech and right to bear arms. To allow these rights to fall only opens the door wider for a communist takeover one day.