Tuesday, November 29, 2016

No more cussing!

I no longer cuss. When I started going back to church and committed myself to that lifestyle change my language was the first thing I had to change. Now when I am around others or even just sitting watching TV and hear someone cuss I can't help but to think about how pathetic cussing sounds now that I no longer engage in that vice. And I think about those around me who are fast and loose with their tongues and then talk about how they go to church or trust in God or ask for prayers - all of which is fine and good except I also think about James 3:16 & James 1:26. The former verse says 
"From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers, these things ought not to be so." 
In other words DON'T CUSS! The second verse is even more condemning saying 
"If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless." 

Think about that. If you claim to be religious but do not bridle your tongue (which means you do not stop cussing as well as speaking hateful things) then your religion is, well worthless.
  Isn't it time we not only put God back in schools and in our government and businesses but also back in our character? Couldn't that be what is wrong with our country today? We have relegated character to a fictional idea only found in old movies and TV. Change our character for a better world and we can start by bridling our tongue and stop cussing and spewing hate.

No comments: